ALTERNATIVE CAREER CHOICES

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Terry DeWan, FASLA
    Participant

For those of you who just MAY be considering other career paths… here’s a hopeful series of interviews..

http://archinect.com/features/article.php?id=104349_0_23_0_M

nca
    Participant

Nice write-up.

Reading archinect really puts things in perspective in terms of the job market and who’s out there doing what. I like how the interviewee mentions the connection between architecture and farming or landscape as I interpret it. Perhaps some of us could look at this as a commentary on the true future of landscape architecture as it relates to the growing interest in ‘working or interactive’ landscapes and the relationship to the built environment.

Thomas J. Johnson
    Participant

Great interview! Excellent and inspiring responses… though personally, I didn’t go through a five year LA program and incur mounds of student debt to do a job typically reserved for illegal immigrants. I’m sure it’s wonderful and fulfilling work but for those of us lacking a trust-fund and carrying debt, it doesn’t begin to cut it…

Then again, Christies recently held an auction for heirloom varietals that fetched staggering sums… vegetables demanding prices usually associated with illegal substances… maybe there is dough in the dirt…

Boilerplater
    Participant

Oh, there is certainly “dough in the dirt” thanks to California’s medical marijuana law!

I knew a daylily hybridizer who seemed to make a good living for himself growing and selling his hybrids.  Of course, he had a doctorate and had taught.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register