Fitness Equipment in Parks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Our company is currently consulting the City of Minneapolis and master planning 33 of their neighborhood parks.  A hot topic is increasing fitness opportunities in the park including paths, outdoor equipment and programming.  I am most interested in the outdoor fitness equipment, sometimes referred to as a senior or adult playgrounds.

As a frequent traveler I have seen outdoor fitness stations in cities all over the world.  Does anyone know of any good studies or precedents done regarding the implementation and use of these types of facilities?  How can climate change the use of these?  How can urban context effect the use?

Thanks Land8 Community!

Y Young
    Participant

Emily – I represent Triactive America, the only outdoor fitness equipment manufactured in the U.S. There are only a few published studies on the efficacy of outdoor fitness equipment, and it’s effect on communities. I’ve included files here for your review. There is a lot of anecdotal information and our company can supply you with any data you might need. 

We have over 2000 installations worldwide in several major cities, New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Qatar, Mexico City, Kodiak (AL) and in every climate imaginable. Our equipment is specifically manufactured for harsh weather conditions. In a urban environment it holds up well in high use exposure. We use durable coatings that stand-up to occasional vandalism and offer 5 & 10 year warranties. If I can be of help, please let me know. 

For more information: http://www.TriActiveAmerica.com

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register