Multi-modular towers in Vectorworks

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE Multi-modular towers in Vectorworks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rogerio Shibata
    Participant

We are trying use the viewport proprieties to built a multi-story residential building in the Vectorworks. The main idea is use the VP with stories structure in the apartments too, like a symbol, then we only have to draw the different units once.

Does anyone have an idea how we can make it?

We tried the Arboleda tutorial but all the pavements were drawed in the the relative layer. For exemple, we are having problems with slabs, wall and spaces to export to an IFC file when we use the mirror tool to replicate a VP.

Tks everyone.

Robert Anderson
    Participant

I am not an Architect but I do work on complex multi-story residential projects as a Landscape Architect. I have a few questions. What version of VW are you using? Are you using the Design Layers as stories? Are you using references to produce your drawing sets or, in the case of VW 2016 have you created a project that you are sharing with your team?

In order to assist with your question I would need these questions answered.

Rogerio Shibata
    Participant

Tks Robert.

We used to work with symbols for the units in VW 2008 but since last year we are trying understand the VW 2015 and 2016.

We already absorbed the Stories function using Design Layers on it. Mainly Ceiling, Floor, Finish Floor, Top of Slab and Slab each one in the respective level in the pavements.

In VW 2015 we tried 2 files. One with the units and the typical floor plan and another with the entire building model. In the first file we draw the units in different stories and join all the differents Design Layer Viewports on the Typical floor Story. The problem in this case is that when que want to export the building to an IFC file format, it can’t recognize a VP in another one.

The same problem occur in VW in 2016. We tried draw everything in just one file but nothing has changed. We are probably doing something wrong.

Another problem happens when we use the mirror tool with VP. In this case the Slab and Spaces lose their references. The Walls don’t join properly either.

Sorry for my English. By writing in Brazil, I probably leave to use more technical terms.

Tks

Robert Anderson
    Participant

Rogerio,

I sent you a message through Land8 but perhaps you didn’t get it. I know of a buy who can help you. He is Brazilian as well and an architect and has VW experience. If you would like I can see if he would be available to help.

As for 2016 you really should look at the project sharing feature that is new with this release.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register