North Carolina Stamping Requirements

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE North Carolina Stamping Requirements

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob Halpern
    Participant

Can anyone here tell me:

Does the State of North Carolina require that landscape planting plans be stamped by an L.A.?

I have an opportunity to work on a project with architects and engineers who need a planting plan but I cannot stamp plans.

Thanks

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

I think you are all set. Like most LA “Practice Acts”, the exemptions in NC can be summed up by saying “or anyone else”.

https://www.asla.org/uploadedFiles/CMS/Government_Affairs/State_Goverment_Affairs_and_Licensure/State_Documents/North%20Carolina2015.pdf

Rob Halpern
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. It appears to me that planting plans are fine but I’ll still need to inquire whether the State agency requires that landscape plans be stamped.

Robert Anderson
    Participant

While Andrew is correct it does go on to say that to conduct business one must be registered. Check the State Business website. Contact Tedd Duncan at Stantec for more info.

Rob Halpern
    Participant

Thanks Robert. After reading Andrew’s link I decided to simply contact the Project Manager. This project does require that planting plans be stamped.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register