Summer Intern

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Melis K.
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I’m studying Landscape Architecture and i’ll be graduated on June. I have to do internship for 1 month in summer and i’m looking for an offer to do internship in Europe but I couldn’t find. If do you now some places which is looking for a new graduated Landscape Architecture for intern, could you please let me know?

Hello Melis;

I would think you would have your best chance for a “Summer Internship Landscape Architecture Job” in one of the following cities in Turkey…..*Instanbul, *Ankara or *Izmir.

In looking at the web site HOUZZ.com…….they show a total of (53) Landscape Designers in Istanbul.

Not sure what city you are located in….but, it would seem that you should be able to find a “Summer Job” in one of the larger cities in Turkey.

I know things are different in European Nations…..but, here in the U.S., I believe that LA Firms must pay “Summer Interns” a minimum wage.  Sometimes, these Summer jobs will turn into a “Full-Time” job.  It’s just important that when you DO get your 1st job….that you do all that is asked of you….work hard and even extra hours (if possible).  Normally, LA firms watch their new hires very closely the first year.

I believe that here too, in the United States, recent Landscape Architecture graduates are having difficulties getting that first LA job.  

I found an inexpensive book a few years ago called HIRE ME.  You can find it on AMAZON.com for about $10.00 (U.S. Dollars)…..This is a great “Job Interview Book”….teaches you everything you need to know to give an outstanding job interview……which is very important….along with having a well written Resume’ and a good Design Portfolio (that has a variety of your College Student design samples)…be sure you ONLY include your BEST College design work – drawings).

Good Lucky to You!

J. Robert (Bob) Wainner – Plano, Texas U.S.A.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register